A lot of folks start their Financial Independence Retire Early journey learning about Credit Card Hacks. While getting out of consumer debt is an important part of the Fire process, using them as a more efficient spending tool than cash is a viable strategy. Guys like Dave Ramsey would advise that if you don’t feel the sting of the cash leaving your hands, you might be tempted to spend more than you would have otherwise. We’ll leave that idea alone for today.
BlockFi, has released details of their new credit card. While I expect it will be confined to the USA only for the foreseeable future, I’m very excited at the prospect of a premium Visa Signature level card with rewards provided in Bitcoin, rather than cash or travel points. Their base rate will be 1.5% back in Bitcoin for all purchases but they’ve sent more details about the other perks, offers, and bonuses.
Here are the details from their email today:
- $250 in bitcoin sign up bonus if you spend $3,000 within your first three months
- 3.5% bitcoin rewards on all purchases in months 4-6 of card ownership, up to $100 in bitcoin
- 2% extra APY on your average daily stablecoin balance, paid in bitcoin, up to $200
- 0.25% back in bitcoin for eligible trades on BlockFi, up to a maximum of $500 in bitcoin each month
- $30 in bitcoin for every client referral, on top of the base Refer-a-Friend program
Not only does it look sharp in Matte black to make MKBHD proud, but its a Visa Signature offering which will likely include additional standard features.